Multimedia Communications Officer
The above salary is based on a full time (37 hour) salary. If you are successful in a part time role this will be pro-rata'd to reflect your working hours.
Please note: Exceptions to starting salary may apply if you are an existing Police Staff employee substantively posted to a role at the same grade.
For additional information on allowances please see our "allowances" page
In 2022, 48 people were killed and 738 seriously injured on Devon and Cornwall's roads. Vision Zero South West is the road safety partnership working hard to reduce these numbers to zero through innovative projects, initiatives and campaigns.
We see communication as a vital tool to achieve our ambitious target. We are looking for an experienced multimedia officer with journalistic experience to help us make the region's roads safer.
Working with all of our partners, you will assist Vision Zero's Communications Manager by devising and creating assets for campaigns, as well ensuring that road safety and the partnership's work stays high in the local and national news agenda.
The work is exciting, creative and extremely worthwhile. Tasks will include filming and editing video packages, designing print and digital assets, photography, social media campaigns, updating our website, writing press releases, presenting results to partners and dealing with all manner of media outlets.
The partnership embraces innovative and ambitious approaches to achieving its aim and believes in supporting those who work within it with training and career development.
What you get if you join us:
If you work for us, you will get access to:
- A competitive salary with yearly increments.
- 24 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days after 5 years' service, plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time).
- Access to heavily subsidised gym membership that will provide you access to police site gyms throughout the counties.
- Access to the Blue Light Card Scheme for discounts and services (requires a one-off payment of £5).
- Company sick pay.
- Competitive local government pension scheme.
- Job related equipment, as required.
- Free onsite parking at many police sites throughout the counties.
- Access to Group insurance scheme (via salary sacrifice scheme).
- Support networks, free Employees' Assistance Programme, Occupational Health and wellbeing services.
- Development and training opportunities.
- Supportive and flexible training plan, including regular check-ins throughout your initial period of joining us to ensure you are up to speed with the role and getting the support you need.
How to apply: To apply for this role please click the 'apply' button below, you will then be taken to a registration page. Please complete this registration form to create an account, once created you will be taken to the application.
Already have an account? If you have previously created an account please click 'login' at the bottom of the page next to the 'submit registration' button. Once logged in, you will be taken to the application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.