The above salary is based on a full time (37 hour) salary. If you are successful in a part time role this will be pro-rata'd to reflect your working hours.
Please note: Exceptions to starting salary may apply if you are an existing Police Staff employee substantively posted to a role at the same grade.
For additional information on allowances please see our "allowances" page
Owing to the nature of the role, candidates will need to have reached the age of 18 by the intake date.
Please note:- Although it is requested on the application form you are not required to complete the Evidence of Suitability section on the application form as you will be required to complete a situational judgement test and that is where we get the information from regarding your skills/experience and suitability for the role.
Could you answer our call? A unique job for a unique person, this role demands a friendly, patient, broad minded individual with a positive attitude who can be there when people need it most. You must be able to work as part of a close knit, supportive team and make decisions in situations which may be frustrating or distressing for the caller.
You will receive a high standard of training both at the start and throughout your career as we support you to make the most of your qualities. As part of your initial development, you will not only complete training and become a qualified Contact Officer, but will also gain the Level 3 Emergency Call Handling Apprenticeship. All training is completed within work time.
- 22 days annual leave (30 after 5 years’) + bank holidays
- Automatic enrolment in the Local government pension scheme
- Free parking, Free Uniform, 24 hour Gym access (only £3.50 per month), Eyecare vouchers, Blue Light Card, Access to Trade Union
- Registration and completion of eligibility: Monday, 04 October 2021 - Monday 25 October 2021 (noon)
- Virtual Awareness Events: Thursday, 07 October 2021, 6.30 pm – 7.30 pm OR Saturday, 16 October 2021 10.00 am – 11.00 am OR Thursday, 21 October 2021, 6.30 pm – 7.30 pm (Tickets are available on EventBrite)
- Situational Judgement Test Completion: Monday, 25 October 2021 - Friday, 05 November 2021 (noon)
- Virtual Assessment Completion: Monday, 08 November 2021 - Sunday, 14 November 2021 (Midnight)
- Interviews (Virtual): 25th November 2021 - 28th November
For more information about the Contact Officer (Apprenticeship) role please visit the below site:
Will being an apprentice affect my pay?
- The commencing salary during your apprenticeship will be at 95% of the annual salary £24,093 per annum (which is a Grade 4 starting salary of £20,078 plus a 20% shift allowance of £4,015 per annum) rising by yearly increments to a maximum of £26,682 (which is a Grade 4 salary of £22,235, plus a 20% shift allowance of £4,447 per annum) (pro rata for part time working
- This post also attracts a weekend working allowance (which is claimable) which accumulates to approximately an additional £2000 per year (pro rata for part time working).
The start date is Thursday 31 March 2022.
Please read the shift pattern before applying to ensure that you will be able to undertake the shift pattern work.
How to apply: To apply for this role please click the 'apply' button below, you will then be taken to a registration page. Please complete this registration form to create an account, once created you will be taken to the application.
Already have an account? If you have previously created an account please click 'login' at the bottom of the page next to the 'submit registration' button. Once logged in, you will be taken to the application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.